Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Miss My Dog.

Today has been a sad day in my life.
My dog of about 9 years had to be put down. It was very sad learning this when I woke up. I knew it was coming on monday. I just had no idea that it would be this fast. I am heart broken, by far. I have accepted it though. We did not let her die, because we did not want her to suffer. We had to put her down, because by tomorrow, she probably could have not walked.

When my family and I got her around 9 years ago, it was great. The first time I saw her was in a parking lot, with the rest of her brothers and sisters. I was petting the other dogs, and then she came up to me. She would not leave my side. A few weeks later, I come home, and I see my dog, sleeping, in my floor. My parents then told me that she had been bitten by a snake, and would be very sore. The doctors said that she could have very easily died, but something helped her pull through. Throughout the years of having her, she taught me how to love. My dog was the most non selfish thing that ever lived. If someone was sad, she would come up, and lay by them. With random licks, she showed everyone that she loved them. Anyone who walked through out door, she greeted with jumping up and down excitement, and a wagging tail. Everyone that met her, loved her. Within the past few months, she started to get really sore and limp. My dad took her to the vet and learned that she was having some problems. Throughout the last few weeks, she could barely walk, and always had her tail tucked. She started spending more time outside, and away from everyone. She barely ate or drank. Then last night, my dog spent a good time out doors. She could barely walk. My dad decided that it was time. He told me that the dog enjoyed her ride there, she knew what time it was.

She lived a great life, getting a walk every day and playing catch or whatever. I am grateful that I got to spend my life with her.

Around a month ago, my friend sent me the video of Oden. A dog, with an amazing story behind it.
Everything Jason Wood said about his dog Oden, is true about mine. It is amazing how well of a bond a human and a dog can share.

I truly wish I could type more about my dog. Right now, my mind is in a scramble because of this though.

I would also like to dedicate a song to my dog. The song is I Love My Dog by Sublime.


The following video is of a dog named Oden, and his struggle with cancer.

Last Minutes with ODEN from phos pictures on Vimeo.

0 comments: