Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Week in Art #5

This seems to be all I post now a days. I apologize. But sometimes pictures speak louder then words.

In this week, I have decided to dedicate it all to color, or colour as the british spell it. I had a sudden inspiration in Chemistry to make a giant scale of color, while it may not be perfect, it was very elaborate. Here is that picture. I laid out well over 150 color pencils across the span of three school desks. Here are my favorite works of art. Click the name by the picture to see more work from each artist.


Rainbow Shower by Cavalera

This work of art is amazing. I simply love the depth and detail put into this picture, and the colors that are used in it. I have had this picture for a while and I am ecstatic about finally being able to use it.


Christmas Lights by o0-JynnanTonnyx-0o

Originally, this was not the picture I was going to post here. After looking through 3000+ photos, I decided this one was a great 2nd choice. Something as easy as christmas lights are a great portrayal of color. From extravagant displays of light, to even simple strands around the trees. Sadly, all of these are put up but once a year. Maybe that is why winter is one of the most beautiful seasons.

0 comments: