Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Facebook Chat for AIM?


Today on mashable I read that you can now use Facebook Chat from AIM instant messenger.


Since I am always looking for the most convent way to connect with friends and such on the internet, I decided to try it out.

What is it?: Facebook and AIM Instant Messenger have teamed up and made Facebook Chat be accessible to users who use AIM in their new Beta.

At First Glance: It seems nice that you can connect with a highly used chat program, since anyone who has been on the computer for a while has heard of AIM or AOL Instant Messenger. With this connectivity, it seems flawless.

In Depth Look: Most people have moved past AIM onto other messengers such as MSN or Skype. AIM is hardly used today and has features that are out of date. For anyone on a mac that uses AIM usually connects to it through iChat or some other chat program that supports different messengers.

LLIOF Conclusion: A great concept that should be used in more in later projects. Since I am on a mac, it seems like too much of a hassle for me, and I would much rather use Gabtastik or the intergraded chat itself. I give this new feature a three out of five.

0 comments: