Monday, February 8, 2010

A Simple Thank You

In the past few years I have realized how much kindness can really be a mood changer.


Over the weekend I read an e-mail I got from James Worrell. You might know this name because I used his stop-animation video in my blog back in november. I got an e-mail from him saying a simple thanks for using his video, and also complimenting my blog. This was such a nice message being the first piece of feedback I had gotten about my blog from someone I don't know. Thank you James Worrell, for your kind e-mail reply complimenting me and my blog. Check out his site over at jamesworrell.net and his blog lessismoreworrell.net.

Now to the main point of my blog. Kindness and chivalry can improve any persons day. Some people say chivalry is dead. I think that it is not. Now, it isint always common, but I still see it. Even something as simple as holding a door open for a stranger, or giving someone a piece of gum. The littlest things can be such great gifts.

I do realize that this blog is not going in any direction.

One thing I'd like to mention in a blog about kindness and such, is the Foundation for A Better Life. I'm sure if you own a t.v., then you've seen their t.v. spots. What is it exactly?

"The Foundation for a Better Life is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2000 to promote positive values. The Foundation creates public service campaigns to communicate these positive values, such as honesty, caring, optimism, hard work, and helping others, in order to make a difference in communities. Viewers are encouraged to step up to a higher level and to pass on positive values. These seemingly small examples of individuals living vales-based lives may not change the world, but collectively they make a difference. After all, developing values and then passing them on to others is The Foundation for a Better Life"

I was reading around. They do not accept any donations and are not affiliated with any religion. So basically, it is 100% for the people. This is so rare these days, on a general scale.

I leave this blog with a video for the Foundation for A Better Life website.

"Concert" Foundation For A Better Life from Matthew Williams on Vimeo.

0 comments: