Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stop Animation

Stop Animation - the art of making still life, move. Well, generally speaking that is.


I have been a fan of this type of art for some time now, and I decided to write a blog about it, and show some of my personal favorite stop animation videos.

I am a fan of photography, Not really of people, but of just every day life, or amazing scenery. I love the way it captures the true colors of things and makes them stand out to help you realize how beautiful the world is. Past all of the modern junk like Politics, War, Pollution, and the works, there is a world all of its own. I love photographers that capture that. I also love how this can tie in with stop animation.

Stop animation is also similar to claymation (such as Gumby). Stop animation is usually pictures of things, frame after frame, and when played back, it looks like motion.

Here are some examples.
Some videos can be made to send a message.

Bottled Water, photographs by James Worrell from James Worrell on Vimeo.

Others can be for fun, or to do something you've never done before.

0 comments: