Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Common Stereotype

This is partially a rant, and also how school's have become corrupt. Or at least in mine.

This blog will probably loop and repeat it's self, but oh well. Just want to get my word out.
Note: I will be discussing very touchy topics. If you are very opinionated, or tender to your beliefs, then please skip this post.

Background
If you could not tell already, I do not like sports, or really anything. I am considered 'weird', 'emo', 'scene', or any of those types. I used to get bullied by 'Jocks" and still do to some amount. I don't overly try in school. Not because I'm not smart, I am a decently educated person, but not with schools. With computers, music, and those sorts of thing. I am just a artsy person by nature.

The Point
Here leads over the years of my schooling it seems that with the higher grade I get, the more teachers and schools become focused on school activities on sports and such. High school is my main example. So far I have noticed that teachers, or coaches, have been the less qualified teachers. I go to a high school that has a high standard with 'being the best' at really everything. I do personally believe that people who are in athletics get the upper advantage, or kids in AP classes, more then on the average joe student. The students also bitch and moan when their team loses, and when their team wins, they talk shit to other schools. I personally believe that schools shout not have sports and such, and just have the focus on education. Now, I personally am not a fan of learning, by any means. But I would rather read classic literature pieces like 'Of Mice and Men' then hear about last night's [insert sport name] game. They have already separated religion and schools, but in a way, they haven't. I still hear about teachers mentioning god, jesus, or any forms of religion, or anything in religious context. I do not care if people are religious. I myself am not. But anyways. I do believe that all sports should also be separated from the school systems to get the main focus more on education of students.

Clarifications
Now, I just want to get the following clear. This is just my personal opinion at this very moment. It might change in as little as an hour or so. I have no problem with people who play sports, or support their schools. I don't have school spirit whatsoever. Lastly, I have no problem with religion in any way, shape, or form. Whatever you want to believe is cool with me, and I respect what you believe.

0 comments: