Friday, December 11, 2009

Taylor Swift, WTF!


This Guest Post was a rant contributed by Kaila P.


What is the world coming to? I went to yahoo! to check my email, and happened to take a glance at the “Today” box, which holds a list of current news and other things of that nature, and my jaw dropped. One of the top stories was called “Swift’s Sleek New Hairdo.” Seriously. It was an article about Taylor Swift straightening her hair. What the hell? Is this really what our nation is coming to? That one of the most important things on our minds is the new (crappy, if I do say so myself—she should stick with the curls: they make her look slightly less like an alien) hairstyle of yet another unoriginal teen artist? Needless to say, this slightly irritated me. I mean, there are so many other, much more important things that could be put in the news box, yet they’re talking about her hair. I really just don’t get it.

And on a separate, but not unrelated, note: what the hell is so great about Taylor Swift anyway? There really is nothing that makes her stand out from any other sappy teenage girl except for the fact that she happens to be ridiculously rich and famous for it. Her lyrics? Entirely cheesy and clichéd. Her live performances? Mediocre, at best. So why is she so famous? Two reasons: sappy teenage girls can “relate” to her crappy, sappy (that rhymed) lyrics and guys think she’s hot. That’s it. She’s an eh singer/songwriter who happens to be sort of pretty (I still think she looks like an alien…something in the eyes maybe). Period. End of rant.

0 comments: