Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Week In Art #1

While I have been finishing up my semester in school, I've been rather busy. I decided to take the time out of my schedule to post up a blog.


I have found some pretty cool pieces of art most recently.




The first work of art is from Liu Bolin. An artist who makes a statement by camouflaging himself into an artwork to represent his environment. That was a sketchy description. Just watch the video over on yahoo. I find his artwork very interesting. My girlfriend actually told me about his work today. I hope to see more of it.




Yet another piece of art found from +KN. These are the stairs at Juliard. I found these very cool, of how they combined the leisure and relaxation of lounging, into a staircase, which is usually not though of that way.






I found this picture on tumblr through Shape+Colour. He was following one of the users who linked to this picture. I thought it was pretty cool.
It was the winner of the National Geographic's International Photography Contest 2009. I was also surprised to learn that this picture was not photoshopped at all.

That is all of the really cool art I've found this week. More art next week for A Week In Art #2

0 comments: